We stayed at the Sheraton on the 12th floor. She loved standing in the window and looking at the people below walking on the street or the boats in the Chicago River.
Aaron was busy presenting a poster on Friday and attending different sessions of the conference so Sarah and I went out window shopping. First things first, the American Girl store. I was pretty excited to go and see the store in person but I wasn't expecting it to be so big! There were 2 floors of everything American Girl. They even had a cafe upstairs, a doll hospital, and a hair salon for the dolls. We mostly played in the area with the bitty baby dolls. Sarah loved the double stroller and had fun pushing it around. I tried to switch her over to the single stroller but she only wanted to push the double stroller. Just like mommy!
Sarah pushing around her bitty twins.
I couldn't resist taking a picture of the cloth diapers for the bitty baby dolls. lol
Sarah admiring the giant Lego Woody outside of the Lego store.
She was so excited to crawl into this little cubby with Lotso.
We went to the Navy Pier and had dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. The waitress quizzed us on Forrest Gump trivia and I totally rocked it. Sarah enjoyed her mac and cheese and jello. That girl can seriously eat! After dinner we strolled down the pier and then headed back to the hotel. Sarah was exhausted by the end of the day and fell asleep with me in the bed.
Sarah and Daddy waiting for dinner.
Sarah showing me her crayon. She was actually trying to shove it in my mouth.
"You can't have it!" Keeping her crayon away from Daddy.
She is the queen of funny faces.
Daddy and Sarah on the pier.
I love my girl!
Playing at the fountain on the way back to the hotel.
All ready for bed. She fell asleep in the bed after throwing a major fit over us telling her not to grab my nose (She is insanely dramatic - I'll write a post about it some day.).
2 comments:
Looks like you had a great trip! You've inspired us- we're on our way up again this weekend! Can't wait to see the rest!
So fun! I've never been to Chicago. Looks like you had a great time!
Post a Comment