For St. Patrick's Day we decided to do a little sight seeing. First we drove out to Claudia Sander's (Colonel Sander's wife) and had some fried chicken. The chicken and rolls were really good. After that we visited Jim Beam Distillery for a tour. Of course we didn't partake of the free sample at the end but it was a fun day.
2 Kentucky Wildcats and a little leprechaun.
Noah and his $1 slinky. Those were good investments to keep them entertained during the tour.
There are over 2 million barrels in the entire distillery. Each barrel is worth something like $10,000. I was sick so I didn't think the barn smelled bad but Aaron said it reeked of alcohol. I thought it smelled like coconut so that says something about how stuffed up I was.
We tried to get a picture of our little leprechaun in the clover patch but she wouldn't look at the camera.
"What's that dog?" They are very curious little boys and are always asking "what" questions.
3 comments:
Cute, sunny pictures! I am jealous of how much sight seeing you get to do... it seems you have a lot of neat places to visit near you.
So fun! Where are these places? We are trying to do a bunch of Kentucky stuff before we leave next year.
Claudia Sanders Restaurant is in Shelbyville I believe and I don't remember what city the distillery is in. I've also been to a distillery in Versailles which I think was a better tour.
Post a Comment