On Saturday we went to the first day of the World Equestrian Games. Lexington has been preparing for the WEG (I say that now like I know what I'm talking about, but as we were driving to the horse park I kept seeing signs that read, "WEG Parking," and none of us could figure out what WEG stood for until we were about a mile from the horse park. Suddenly it dawned on me, World Equestrian Games!) for a long long time so even though we aren't big into horses, we decided we had to go since it was a once in a lifetime sort of thing. I think this is the first time the games have been held in the United States so it was sort of a big deal. We had grounds passes which got us into the Kentucky Horse Park to see the trade show and other exhibits. We didn't feel the need to shell out the money for any of the competitions or the opening ceremonies ($125 a piece!). Apparently though we were shown in the opening ceremonies and I can't help but laugh every time I think of it. They were highlighting families that had been at the horse park earlier that day and I guess they snapped a photo of Aaron playing with the boys in the fountain. A bunch of people from church saw Aaron on the TV hanging one of our children upside down by his legs dipping his head in the fountain!
Eli seriously has a thing for cows.
Kissing the cow.
We got to watch the freishian horses practicing for the opening ceremonies. The boys enjoyed running around and climbing on the bleachers. Eli was desperately trying to figure out how to get down by the horses.
Noah playing in the fountain.
They really wanted to dip their heads in the water. That's why Aaron was hanging them upside down.
We got to take a picture with the Colonel.
The boys especially loved all the free loot. Here's Noah sporting his free hat and free flashlight while eating his free sucker.
In his dreams.
Speaking of dreams, the boys were so exhausted by the time we left. They fell asleep on the long walk back to the car.
You can find a picture of me and Deb and the boys on the TOPS website by clicking
here. We're the 3rd photo in the gallery.
1 comment:
too funny .. what does a cow say ... looks like great shade from the hat, sounds like a fun day.
Post a Comment