31 July 2010

A Good Day

This is how I found Eli when we woke up Friday morning. I heard them in their room as usual and opened the door to let them out. Eli didn't come running out like he normally does so I walked into the room and found him laying on his bed with a pair of shorts he probably found under the bed on his head. What a goofy kid!
It has been a fun, busy weekend. We honestly didn't do anything special but it was great. We got to spend a lot of quality family-time together since Aaron's parents were quarantined to their house (Deb had the stomach flu all weekend). Today we woke up with a few goals in mind. I wanted to get the main, livable parts of my house clean. That didn't really happen but I did completely clean and reorganize my pantry/laundry room and it looks amazing! Aaron finished cleaning out the spare bedroom that will eventually be the office/nursery when the new baby comes. He also set some posts for the fence we are going to put up on the sides of the house so you can't see into the backyard from the street (and so the dog can't get out). And while we did all that, the boys played!
We found this wonderful sprinkler ball at Bed Bath and Beyond today for $10 and couldn't pass it up. It may have taken us an hour to blow it up but it was well worth it from all the giggles we heard over the next hour of playing.
I think Noah's expression in this picture does a good job at showing how much fun he was having with the sprinkler ball.
It wasn't super hot out today so after all the sprinkler playing we had to come inside of a nice, warm, orange, bubble bath!
The boys LOVE bubbles! It is a word I hear a lot every day and it is said with great enthusiasm.
I always have to remind myself that even though Noah and Eli have tons of fun with one another and most the time I hear giggles coming from their room before nap and bedtime, they are still BROTHERS.
This is the battle wound I was very surprised to find on Eli's shoulder when they got up from their nap today. I know they tend to bite each other when I'm not around (this isn't the first bite mark I've found on their bodies) but I was honestly shocked but the extremeness of this bite! I really don't know how to stop it either since it only happens when they are in their room together. Any suggestions other than separating them?

No comments: