Eli had tubes put in his ears yesterday morning. He was a happy camper, running around the waiting room and watching TV, but as soon as we walked out of the waiting room through the doors and he saw all the medical people in blue scrubs he started crying (It makes me sad that he's been to the doctors so much that he is immediately afraid that they are going to hurt him.). They brought us to a room to check his vitals and to meet with various doctors before the surgery. He was definitely not happy anymore and made it as hard as possible for the nurse to get his temperature and oxygen sats. The surgery itself was very quick, only about 20 minutes. He was pretty happy for most of the day after the surgery. He was a little groggy at first but seemed to perk up with some apple juice and a Popsicle.

Noah started the week off with a runny nose (when I say runny I really mean nonstop snot that runs into his mouth if you don't wipe his nose every 5 minutes) and I just hoped that Eli wouldn't get sick before the surgery. He woke up yesterday morning with a cough but they decided to do the surgery anyway since he didn't have a fever. The doctor reported that there was fluid behind his right ear and he had to suction out some puss from his left ear.Surprise, surprise, Eli's cough got worse throughout the day and last night he was up crying with a fever. He was obviously not feeling well. I've talked with the ear, nose, and throat people several times today and they are pretty sure he has an ear infection (hence the puss in the ear). He is on antibiotic ear drops for 5 days and they just called in some amoxicillin for him that I need to go pick up.
It has definitely been a long week. I'm tired and really hope that they sleep better tonight. I feel so bad for the boys when they aren't feeling well and there isn't much I can do for them. Hopefully they will be back to their normal, happy selves within a day or two.
3 comments:
I know that this may seem way out there but I recommend you seriously look into chiropractic care. I have had nothing but good from our girls never having ear infections again from making sure they are properly aligned. Just a thought.
I feel for the little guy! I had tubes growing up and I even had to have them redone a couple times and I still have horrible ears. Drew had me in at the ER when I was pregnant with Kelsee cause I had a ruptured ear drum and my ear started bleeding. Hopefully Eli will grow out of it soon and not have to go through it his whole life. He's such a cutie and a trooper. What a tough little guy!
So, so sad. Hopefully those tubes will make a difference! Feel better soon!
Post a Comment