11 June 2010

Boonesborough

They end up in the same bed almost every night. Half the time we tuck them in together since that is what they prefer. Last night we left them in their own beds and when I went in there I found Noah sprawled out across Eli's bed. They love each other. The boys slept really well last night - I never heard a peep out of them. After a good night sleep I would have thought they would wake up raring to go but instead they were major grumps. After almost 2 hours of mostly whining and crying, we put them back in their beds for an early morning nap. We all laid down at 9am and didn't wake up until almost noon. Let me just say that that nap was heaven sent. We were all completely rejuvenated afterward and decided to go on a little family outing. We visited Boonesborough Fort, named after Daniel Boone. It was small and somewhat interesting. We weren't there super long, just long enough for the boys to start to get sick of it. As soon as we walked in we saw a horse and Eli was so excited. I took him to see the horse and he would have been happy if that's all we did. In fact, he was rather upset when we made him leave the horsey to see other less exciting things.
They loved petting the bear. I also think they were a little scared of it.
It is so hard to get a picture of them both looking at the camera. We finally got them to both look up and our camera decided it wasn't ready to take the picture. Oh well...
We had to laugh when there were so many interesting things to look at and play with and Noah and Eli were most entertained running up and down a small ramp inside one of the cabins. They were pretty interested in the animal skins and they kept roaring at them. After some confusion, we finally decided that Eli was trying to sign bear every time he saw the bear fur blanket. They were also very excited about an ugly baby doll that was "asleep" in an old cradle. Being the nice boys they are, they decided to rock the baby to sleep (rather violently might I add).
Noah rocking the baby. Eli already had a turn and decided to pull the baby completely out of the cradle by one arm. Apparently we need to work on being gentle.
It was a fun little family outing and just the perfect length.
Look at Noah. Always trying to be the center of attention.

3 comments:

Lora said...

You are so good at blogging and taking fun trips. Nice work!

Mrs. K said...

... it's Fort Boonesborough not Boonesborough Fort! My phone had died. I'm getting a new one when I come back from Michigan.

Michele said...

All that sleeping sounds like a growth spurt! Such fun boys.