29 April 2010

A little about my boys

Noah is such a ham. He LOVES attention and will do just about anything if he thinks you'll laugh. He is a momma's boy through and through. If he wakes up in the middle of the night, he only wants me. One time Aaron tried to be nice and let me sleep so he took Noah into the living room to lay on the couch with him. Next thing I knew Noah came running down the hall, crying, and looking desperately for me. I have to admit, it does make me feel pretty good to know he loves me so much. Eli is such a sweet boy. He gets a little bullied by Noah but he's learning to stand his own. The other day they were playing on the slide together. Noah was at the top of the slide, laying on his stomach, taking his sweet time. Eli was tired of waiting on the ladder so he used his head and bull dozed Noah down the slide.
The boys are best friends. I asked the lady at the Kids Corner at the YMCA what they are like when they are there. She said that they wander all around and play with everything. They don't necessarily play with each other but they stay near one another. Every once in awhile if one of them wanders too far they stop and look around until they find their brother. My poor little boys are sick this week. Eli has had an ear infection since Sunday. He was feeling great it seemed like Monday and Tuesday. Last night he all of the sudden started feeling miserable again. Both boys were up crying throughout the night and Eli's fever came back today. My motherly instinct told me I should get them to the doctor and I sure am glad I did. Looks like some time during the week Eli's ear drum ruptured. They gave him a shot of antibiotics and sent us home with oral antibiotics (not amoxicillin). He was already feeling much better tonight and had a blast playing with his dinner and splashing in the bath.
I also would like to add that Eli loves his dad. He squeals with excitement and runs to Aaron with his arms up whenever Aaron gets home from school. When he gets hurt or doesn't feel well he will cry and cry until Aaron holds him. And he will only lay with Aaron if he wakes up in the middle of the night. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous...

No comments: