While Aiko is a great dog, she definitely still has some not-so-charming habits. One of those is incessant barking while outside. She wants to go out all the time but she barks like crazy. I think some form of shock collar is in order.
As well as barking outside, she has also learned how to escape from just about anywhere. The first time I left her at home in the crate she busted out of it (the whole door was off when I got home). So we resorted to reinforcing the door with zip ties, 6 zip ties to be exact. After a couple of tries with that, she figured out how to bust off the zip ties and break down the door. Now whenever we leave she has to be outside on the leash (Aaron installed a cable run from the shed to the tree). The bad part about that though is she gets wrapped around the tree and/or bush and barks (and yesterday she figured out how to get her collar off her neck so now our fail safe isn't safe anymore). But being stuck sleeping next to the tree in the cold is definitely better than what can happen if she is left inside to her own devices.
Not only did she DESTROY the blinds on the front window, she has also chewed a controller for the PS3, several of the boys precious stacking cups, a handful of mega blocks, a couple of baby spoons, a toy duck that flaps his wings to the chicken dance, one or two dinosaurs, and at least 6 sippy cups (This has to be my biggest pet peeve because now I have 6 cups with no lids, how frustrating is that?!).
4 comments:
I think I would kill her... yes... definitely I would. Or at least beat her half to death! Um no offense, but she is NOT invited to our house anytime soon!!! I can't believe you are still sane!!! The worst thing Sadie ever did was chew my entire curling iron up...so I'm definitely NOT complaining about her anymore!
I'm actually not really mad about the blinds. I knew there was a high probability that something would be destroyed because I left her in the house while I was gone. It was too cold and snowing so I didn't want to leave her outside for several hours. I was actually relieved that it wasn't the couch or something more expensive. The only thing I really get made about is sippy cups because I keep replacing them and then another one gets ruined.
For me having kids is enough. I would not be able to handle a pet and all of their mischievousness. I do not know how you are keeping sane.
Oh man, sorry about the blinds, toys and cups! Stella definitely has some unlovable qualities as well. Just today She ran away from me when we were outside and everytime I got close to her...trying to get her to come back inside she would just run away all over again! Hopefully she'll outgrow that...and all the chewing!
Post a Comment