26 June 2009
MIA
I know, I know, it has been a long time since my last post. We were busy moving, then we didn't have internet for 5 days, and then we ended up with viruses on our computer so I haven't been able to use it. Enough with the excuses, right? Well we got moved in. We still need to finish the master bedroom. Most of our stuff is unpacked but this place is pretty much a wreck so pictures will be awhile in the making.
This Tuesday Eli had an MRI of his head just to make sure everything is OK since he was so sick when he was teeny-tiny. I haven't heard back from the doctor yet but I heard through the grape vine that his scan looks good. I was really nervous about the MRI because they had to sedate him but he handled it like a champ. He cried for just a little bit when they stuck him with the IV and quickly forgot about it. I held him as they administered the drug and he just fell right to sleep. It took about 45 minutes and then we got to go back and hold him as he woke up. It was pretty funny watching him wake up because he just acted like he was drunk. One of the drugs they gave him during the procedure causes kids to get really red and it looks like someone slapped them on the cheeks. They warned me of this side effect but I was still pretty surprised at how red he actually got.
In other fun news, both boys have had the poops for about 2 weeks. I finally took them to the doctor this week and had to collect stool samples just to make sure it isn't anything bad (it's probably just a virus). I am definitely not a fan of scooping poop into cups. It really does amaze me some of the gross things we have to do for our children. As a consequence of all the poop, they have both had some pretty bad diaper rashes. Poor little Noah would just cry and cry when we changed him because it hurt so bad. Luckily they are looking tons better now.
Eli had a new tooth break through yesterday on the top. Noah is not far behind. Sheesh, they are just growing too fast. Here are a few more pictures for your viewing pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sheesh...they are growing up fast! Noah already has the car keys and the mischievous look of a teenager about to cause some trouble...Good luck with that!
Wow, he did get really red! He looks like you guys spent the whole day out in the sun. They are so adorable, I can't believe they're almost a year already. Time goes by way too fast. Good luck with getting everything organized in the new house. I think that's my least favorite part of moving.
Post a Comment