Eli had an appointment today with the NICU Graduate Clinic. This was basically just a follow-up to see how he's been doing since he was discharged and to check his development. After an assessment, the nurse practitioner had the physical therapist come and talk to me. Apparently they feel he is a little weak in his shoulders and hips so Aaron and I have to start doing more exercises with him to help him get stronger. Basically he needs to spend more time on his tummy and lifting up his head and more time in the sitting up position. We also have to help him learn how to roll over. They didn't act like this was a way big deal. They used the words "minimally concerning" and "nitpicky."
I was a little big bummed after this appointment because I was hoping everything would just be fine. There is always something more that we have to do. But we've already started getting him on the floor and on his tummy even though he hates it.
This is generally how Eli reacts to being put on his tummy - ANGRY!
But there are also lazy moments.

And spit-up moments.

And happy (but blurry) moments.
6 comments:
I know what you mean about wishing everything could just be done. But, oh how cute their lazy picture is.
I love that lazy picture! What darling little boys.
Love it! they are so yummy nummy to me.
JB is almost 5 months and just shows no real interest in rolling over. And definitely no interest in her tummy time. Though she has to do it anyway. She just wants your undivided attention. I can't imagine two! Ah well, c'est la vie (or however you spell it. And yes we are in your old ward now and we love love love them! I'll tell Bishop Richards hello! Any news on Stef?
this is sooo cute!!! THEY are soo cute!!!
I love these pictures--sometimes doctors are just paranoid about being sued--just remember you are his mom and you should know you are doing all you can! He had a late/tough start--give him a break! He will catch up and know you are doign all you can! All kids are on their own schedule that is one of the things that frusterates me about doctors--not that thier bad, but sometimes they don't listen to mom's and we aren't stupid.
Post a Comment