20 July 2008
Lexington
So far, I've been very impressed with how much Aaron and I like Lexington. I still miss good old Provo, but I have to say I'm getting used to living here. When we decided to move here we had lots of ideas of what Kentuckians would be like...red necks with strong southern drawls. I am positive there are parts of Kentucky like this but not Lexington (however, I have run across a few stereotypical Southerners in Lexington but this is not the norm). We have been greeted with kindness, especially in our ward. I expected that the church would be much smaller and weaker than in Utah. I have to say that this ward is the strongest ward I have ever been a member of. The members are so kind and helpful and really go out of their way to welcome new people and to take care of those in the ward in need. So many people have gone out of their way to make sure I am doing OK. My visiting teachers have been kind enough to throw me a diaper shower which I am very excited about and several members have invited us into their homes. Aaron and I had a blast getting to know two families in our ward this evening over dinner and I am glad to say we all have a lot in common - including a love for The Office and Lost. Aaron has even found a couple of running buddies and they hope to train together for a marathon coming up this fall. All in all, this move to Lexington has been a much better experience than expected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, I finally got around to checking your blog. Hooray! Dinner was great, and the shower tomorrow should be fun. Bring on the babies!
Post a Comment