Since coming to DC the only thing I have really wanted to do is see the cherry blossoms in bloom. We headed down this morning to check it out, and I'm so glad we did. It is seriously so beautiful. Flowering trees are probably one of my favorite things; it's the best time of the year when the trees are blooming. I knew it would be busy, but didn't realize how busy it would be. We drove into DC first thing in the morning. We left a little before 9, and hit really bad traffic as soon as we hit the exit for the Jefferson Memorial. At one point we thought we were going to have to give up and head home since there was no way we were going to find parking. It was at that point that I turned down a side road and found parking for $20. Score! That's cheaper than riding the metro in, so everything worked out. I'm also super glad we left as early as we did. It was already crazy crowded at 9am, but when we left at noon the traffic was backed up for miles. Now I'm just going to post a ton of pictures because I love them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment