08 October 2012

Shaker Village in the Fall

This is what happens when you try to get a picture with 3 excited kiddos.
2 weekends ago Deb and I took the kids to Shaker Village for their fall festival. The weather was perfect and we all had lots of fun. We went on a wagon ride to tour the village, tasted all the yummy treats being sold by all the vendors including homemade butter made fresh that day, munched on kettle corn, played on the hay stacks, went on pony rides, and painted pumpkins. But instead of making you read all about it I'm just going to show you a bunch of pictures and even a couple of videos.

Getting on the wagon.
Playing on the caterpillar haystack.
Sarah cheesing while eating popcorn.
Sarah made it to the top of the haystack. Not sure why she gave me this look instead of a smile.

 This is so Noah and Eli. When they think they are going to lose or aren't good at something they pretty much just give up. I'm really not sure how to teach them to keep trying. We've been working on it.

Noah on his pony. I can't remember it's name.
Eli riding Princess.
The beautiful soap dishes that I saw and I thought, "I know someone who could make these." **wink wink, Brenda :)
Decorating pumpkins.
Grandma, Eli, and Noah learning how to shake it with the Shakers.

No comments: