Halloween is cursed. Not in the spooky, scary sense you are probably thinking of. I'm talking about how every year something unpleasant happens the night of the ward Halloween party. Two years ago we were in the ER with Eli the night of the Halloween party because he was sick and needed IV fluids. Last year we planned on going to the party but had the times confused. We showed up at the trunk-or-treat as everyone was leaving. I was so upset that we missed it again that I sat in the car and cried. This year everything seemed to be going well. We went to the party, the boys had a blast, we got lots of candy, the curse was broken. Or so I thought. Shortly after the boys went to sleep Eli woke up crying, and I walked into the boys' room to find vomit all over the bed. He proceeded to puke 3 more times over the next 2 hours. Eli and I spent the rest of the night on the couch with towels under him and a bowl within arms reach.

We still aren't sure if he caught a virus or if it was just too much candy. Luckily no one else caught it and the entire weekend wasn't ruined. We carved pumpkins Saturday night after Deb and Noah went and picked out some pumpkins. We took the boys trick-or-treating tonight and they LOVED it. They aren't even shy about going up to doors, knocking, and saying "trick or treat." After every house they said they needed more candy and they soon learned how to look for the houses with porch lights on.
Happy Halloween!
2 comments:
The kids all look so cute in their costumes. I love the fake muscles.
Love that age !! I remember one year Douglas got sick the day of Halloween ... Dracula looked so real and pale. He went out for a couple blocks and was done. The next few years will be a blast for them (and mom and dad )
Post a Comment