12 April 2011

Settling in

 Sound asleep on her belly.

I feel a little bad that I haven't been posting much lately but really I feel I have nothing to say. Life has been pretty boring around here. We are finally settled in with the baby and figuring out what she likes and dislikes. She definitely is a Mommy's girl. She is most content when she is with me. She will only sleep in her crib if she is on her stomach. I know the recommendation to prevent SIDS is to put babies to sleep on their backs so it makes me a little nervous sleeping her on her stomach. We got one of those Angelcare baby monitors that detects motion and sounds an alarm if it doesn't detect breath movements for 20 seconds. After setting it up yesterday she spent the night in her crib and did really well. She slept from about 11pm until 5am. I nursed her and then laid her back in her crib and she went back to sleep after fussing a little. Hopefully she'll do the same again tonight. She is becoming much more alert and has started smiling every once in awhile at me. It is really cute.

Noah helping carry in Sarah's new baby monitor. He was pretty excited to open the box.
If I leave Sarah's door open I almost always will find Noah in the crib with her.

The boys have been really happy and fun lately. It has been nice having happy kids again instead of crabby, whiny, 2 year olds. Unfortunately Eli woke up from his nap with a stomach ache. He spent most of the night curled up on his dad's lap and complaining about a stomach ache. He had a couple of bouts with diarrhea and a fever but seemed to be getting better before bed. He finally started eating a drinking again after not having anything since breakfast. I really hope he is better tomorrow.
 
 Eli with Uncle Joe's old phone. He carries it around with him everywhere. It's so cute.

The boys are also getting much better at talking and communicating with us. They've been going to speech therapy at the University of Kentucky for 6 months or so now and it is really helping. Their vocabulary is expanding everyday and it is getting easier to understand what they are saying.

I had to bribe them with some sort of treat to get them to stand next to each other for a picture. Too bad I couldn't get Eli to smile.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Great post! Lots of pics. I am glad the boys are happy again. (They are so cute). I am sure there have been a lot of changes in the family.

I am really glad Sarah is sleeping good for you! Kenny has still doesn't sleep from 11 to 5. And also it is great she can sleep through Noah climbing in her crib! good job Momma!

Jenna said...

What cute kiddos! I love the picture of Noah in the crib with Sarah, so funny and sweet.