Just a quick overview of our February. The power went out one day. We ended up making a fort in the living room and the kids played in that for awhile.
Aaron's cousin Thalia and Aunt Wendy threw me and his other cousin Emily a baby shower. Emily is expecting a boy in May. It was the cutest baby shower. The decorations were adorable. It was a retro theme, so there were old dolls and toys sitting all around. They made this really cool cloud and raindrop decoration out of white balloons that they hung from the ceiling. And the food was delicious. We played a couple of games, and I got lots of cute presents. It was super special and made me feel very loved.
The weather has warmed up some, so we've been able to get outside more. Aaron took the kids on a couple of hikes down the road and they even went for a bike ride the other day. I took the kids on a little nature walk around the McLane Creek Nature Trail in Olympia. It was very pretty and refreshing to be outside.
We got together with some homeschool friends and the little preschool co-op for a Valentine's Day party. The kids were so excited to hand out and get Valentines this year. I don't think they've ever done it before.
The kids love having fires outside. It's always a good excuse to have a fire when it's time to burn all the cardboard in the house. The kids also do a good job collecting up fallen branches and burning those.
Aaron had to go to DC for 8 days. It was a very long 8 days. For some reason that week I was having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions and was just generally very uncomfortable. I was afraid I was going to go into labor while he was gone. Luckily I didn't! He was gone for Valentine's Day but sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.
These kids drive me crazy, but I love them!
Aaron and Pat took the boys to see Marvel Universe Live at the Tacoma Dome. The boys loved it. It was a show with all the Marvel characters where they did stunts with motorcycles and fire and wires.
While the boys did their thing, Sarah and I went to the Hands on Children's Museum. She really likes doing crafts, and they always have something fun to do in their craft room. They happened to be making tooth fairy pillows when we went. Sarah had to make one for her and the boys. The turned out super cute.



















No comments:
Post a Comment