17 August 2015

A stressful week

This is a vent post, so I'll break it up with some cute pictures Aaron took of the kids while on a hike with them a few weeks ago.

Life has been so crazy lately. I finally feel like I have a handle on things this week. But last week...last week was just crazy. In addition to being pregnant and having that underlying, slightly nauseated feeling all day long and never knowing what to eat, we were going to swim lessons every day, going to doctor's appointments, finalizing and closing on our KY house, dealing with car issues, dealing with money stress, struggling with Aaron working late most nights, planning a cross country move, dealing with family drama, and all while trying to homeschool.


By the end of the week I really was just not handling things well. I had to take a deep breath, let go of the things that I could, and sometimes have a little fit. By about Wednesday I decided I needed to take the rest of the week off from homeschool. I was so stressed out and felt like I was getting more frustrated with the kids during school than actually teaching them anything. On 2 occasions I called Aaron venting/yelling about something only to end the conversation crying and begging him to come home early. Last week was definitely not my finest week.


But on Friday, we officially sold our Kentucky house. We definitely learned a lot from that house. Aaron was forced into becoming quite the handy man when we bought that house and started doing work on it. He learned plumbing, basic electrical work, how to tile, drywall, install laminate flooring, replace a roof. I swear you name it, we did it.


And at the end we learned the pain of loosing money when selling a house. After renting it for 2 years and having our renter bail a month early and not pay her last months rent, we were also stuck with plenty of repairs and a very dirty house. We had to repaint the entire house and have it professionally cleaned before putting it on the market. We had to list the house for less than what we bought it for and that definitely stings. We were able to sell for full asking price but only if we paid closing costs. We paid for closing costs out of pocket since full asking price just barely covered our loan. The inspection also brought to surface all sorts of repairs that we had to negotiate with the buyers about. It was super stressful finding contractors and dealing with the money side of things while we were so far away.


Needless to say I am super happy to just be done with it. We know the house was where we were supposed to live because it allowed for Pat and Deb to buy a house 2 doors down from us. We wouldn't trade that time for anything. I will always look back at that time so fondly; it was just so fun being so close to family. I just don't want to sell a house again anytime soon!

1 comment:

Ratliffs said...

You're pregnant?! Congratulations!!! So sorry for your stress...I hope your move goes well and your stress can dissipate soon!