About a month ago we decided the weather had finally turned around and it was time to get out and enjoy the beauty of Connecticut. We'll only be here through June so every weekend we try to get out and go see something interesting. Well this particular weekend was gorgeous; we decided to go to Kent Falls State Park. It was a little under an hour and a half drive to get there but well worth it. The falls are literally just steps from the parking lot so you can do as little or as much hiking as you want. We ended up hiking up one side of the falls, crossing the bridge at the top, and coming down the other side. We should have stuck with the side we came up on though since there were actual steps and trails. The way down was a bit scary; we were afraid the kids were just going to tumble down the cliff and into the water. At one point we had to cross under a tree that had fallen and was suspended over the trail. I freaked out when Noah was standing under it and I heard it creaking. I yelled at him to run under it and instead he froze directly underneath it. I wonder if it has finally snapped and fallen onto the trail.
13 May 2014
Kent Falls State Park
About a month ago we decided the weather had finally turned around and it was time to get out and enjoy the beauty of Connecticut. We'll only be here through June so every weekend we try to get out and go see something interesting. Well this particular weekend was gorgeous; we decided to go to Kent Falls State Park. It was a little under an hour and a half drive to get there but well worth it. The falls are literally just steps from the parking lot so you can do as little or as much hiking as you want. We ended up hiking up one side of the falls, crossing the bridge at the top, and coming down the other side. We should have stuck with the side we came up on though since there were actual steps and trails. The way down was a bit scary; we were afraid the kids were just going to tumble down the cliff and into the water. At one point we had to cross under a tree that had fallen and was suspended over the trail. I freaked out when Noah was standing under it and I heard it creaking. I yelled at him to run under it and instead he froze directly underneath it. I wonder if it has finally snapped and fallen onto the trail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment