06 October 2013

Gillette Castle

A couple Saturdays ago, Aaron took the boys to Gillette Castle while Sarah and I stayed behind for Potty Training 101. It was great. I got a much needed break (Sarah took a 3+ hour nap) and the boys got to spend some quality time with their favorite guy. The castle was designed/built by William Gillette, a famous actor, in 1914 (at least that's when they began to build it). It was designed to look like a medieval castle and the inside is very ornate, particularly the woodworking.

Gorgeous scenery.

You have to go on a ferry to get there. I love how pretty the scenery is in this picture. Connecticut is a pretty state.

There were about 6 different pictures of this, and Noah was doing a ridiculous pose in all of them.

I love that Noah does the duck lip face even though he doesn't know that's a thing.



The doors were all very ornate and had elaborate locking mechanisms on them.

A light switch.

Another door.

No comments: